|I/ A VISA to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy as early as six months prior to the date of travel. The applicant must submit:
1. The application form must be completed online,
Important note: (1) choose ENGLISH language (top right corner);
(2) place of visa submission and collection should be VIET NAM EMBASSY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (the 7th from bottom up in the list).
(3) Field with (*) is compulsory.
(4) In case it is impossible for you to fill in the visa application online, you can download a PDF visa application form (click here).
Completed form must be printed out, signed and attached with 01 photo (passport size 2×2 inches) . In case of a loose-leaf-visa request, 01 additional photo must be stapled to the form. If the applicant has already got a visa approval, she/he may write the reference number on the top of the form. For anyone who comes to Vietnam for less than 3 months and does not have visa approval, just leave “visa approval number” blank and the Embassy will take care of it. Additional processing fees for visa approval may be required.
2. Original PASSPORT (which requires at least 01 month validity prior the date of exit from Vietnam and/or 06 month validity to meet airlines’ requirements). In urgent cases, a loose-leaf-visa can be requested, then a copy of passport (photo and personal detail pages) may be submitted instead of the original passport.
3. Visa fees must be in the form of MONEY ORDER, or CASHIER’S CHECK, or COMPANY CHECK payable to “EMBASSY OF VIETNAM.” Applicants applying together may submit combined payment in one money order or one check. Other current fees (such as visa approval arrangement fee, processing fee, shipping, handling and expedite services) may be checked at:
Telephone: 202 8610737 ext. 118/121/122/123/125/ 129
4. A prepaid return envelope, if the applicant requests the visa be returned by mail. Please use USPS – United States Postal Service (prepaid postage stamp envelope or return label bought online at www.usps.com) or prepaid return FedEx label (bought online at www.fedex.com).
For your documents safety, the Embassy advices to use USPS Express Mail or FedEx with the tracking numbers. Applicants applying together may provide one envelope for visas to be returned to the same address. For international shipping, please pay in the form of money order payable to the Embassy of Vietnam.
II/ Processing Time: Five business days are required to process visa applications with approval. Expedited processing will take one to two business days after the Embassy receives the application (additional fee required).
Please do not make telephone inquires on the status of your application (make sure that you keep your passport number for this request) until after the 1st business day for an expedited case and the 3rd business day for a regular case.
The Embassy will be closed on Saturday, Sunday. Please take into consideration US and Vietnamese holidays when you plan your visa application. In addition, no mail can be delivered at the Embassy during weekends and holidays.
For further information, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy:
Opening hours: 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM and 02:30 PM – 05:00 PM Monday through Friday at the Embassy
Telephone: 2028610737 ext. 118/121/122/123/125/129/113
Fax: 202 861 0917
Address: 1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036
* Applicant is responsible for checking accurate information on visa being issued by the Embassy. In case of mistakes, please contact the Embassy immediately for correction. Otherwise, applicant is fully responsible for the mistakes.
* In case of emmergency, pls call: (202) 716 8666 or (202) 304 2058